Date published: March 15, 2019
Food & Beverage Manager
Food and Beverage is at the heart of our business and so we are seeking a hotel Food and Beverage Manager with the dedication and desire to deliver outstanding service to our guests and the leadership qualities to manage and motivate our team in the Restaurant, Bar and Meetings & Events operations departments. We believe that it is the people we employ that makes the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go the above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as Food and Beverage Manager:
- Improving operating standards in all F & B departments, ensuring consistently high standards of service and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Maximising the profitability of the department by achieving and improving upon budgeted revenues and financial targets, controlling departmental expenses including cost of sales and wages in line with business levels, generating and implementing sales ideas and training staff to up sell at every opportunity.
- Ensuring that standards are regularly reviewed, SOP Manuals are updated and F&B team members receive thorough induction and skills training to deliver a consistently high standard of service at all times.
- Carrying out regular performance reviews with direct reports, setting and reviewing business and personal objectives and ensuring team motivation is maintained through recognition, reward, training and development.
- Ensuring weekly F&B revenue forecasts are completed, preparation for monthly business reviews and assisting with preparation for annual budget and business plans.
- Contribute to the design and update of food & beverage menus in liaison with the Head Chef focussing on appropriate food trends and customer preferences.
- Implementing & monitoring health, safety and hygiene practices and procedures for the department
- Duty Management as required on rota
As Food and Beverage Manager you will have:
- 3-4 years’ experience in food and beverage service management in quality hotels and the ability to display excellent guest service skills.
- Operational experience in all food and beverage departments including events and weddings.
- Good financial awareness with a full understanding of food and beverage revenue streams and controls, including Micros POS.
- Self-motivation and drive and be able to motivate others to achieve.
- The ability to implement and control standards, policies and procedures.
- Proven man-management, coaching and team building skills
- Good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation
- Good presentation with an outgoing personality, excellent interpersonal skills, a professional manner and excellent command of written & spoken English with good IT skills
- Training skills eg. PTC, GTT
- Personal License holder certificate
- Food Safety Level 3 Certificate
- Sales / Financial Awareness/Interviewing/Appraisal skills
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as Food and Beverage Manager?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday including BH
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare & Travel Insurance
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In Line with current Immigration rules all applicants must be legally able to live and work full time in the EU.- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview