Top 10 things to do in Great Malvern
- Walk the Malvern Hills. This ancient chain of hills is a paradise for walkers. Check out some suggested walks or ask for a map. We can arrange a packed lunch.
- See a show at Malvern Theatres. Malvern Theatres has regular plays, concerts and musicals. The Priory View Restaurant offers pre-theatre dining.
- Follow the Elgar Route. Composer Edward Elgar spent much of his life in Great Malvern. You can visit sights including the Elgar Statue and Priory Gatehouse (now the Malvern Museum) before following a driving route around Elgar’s Worcestershire.
- Tour the Morgan Motor Company. These famous sports cars have been manufactured in Malvern for 100 years. Guided visits are available weekdays on reservation, and there is a small on-site museum. We can help you arrange a tour. Or rent a Morgan for the weekend! See Malvern Cars.
- Browse individual shops. Great Malvern has many unique gift, clothes, art and jewellery shops, all within an easy stroll.
- Sample local Herefordshire cider. Westons Cider offers mill tours and cider tastings in a 400-year-old farmhouse in Much Marcle. The orchard also has a restaurant and tea rooms.
- Discover English wine. The Three Choirs Vineyard is a beautiful spot for wine tastings, guided tours and lunch.
- Have a pub meal. Great Malvern has several fantastic pubs within a short walk. Ask at the front desk for directions.
- Take the family to Eastnor Castle. Open on selected days from Easter through to September, this authentic castle in the Malvern Hills offers fun events for adults and children of all ages.
- Festivals and events. Worcestershire and the area around Great Malvern abound with festivals, fairs and concerts. Many large events take place at the Three Counties Showground, just three miles from the Abbey Hotel.
For more ideas, ask our helpful local staff or visit the Malverns tourist information website.