5/5Mrs Yvonne M.Reviewed on 14th May 2019
Wonderful Location. Hotel staff were all very polite and helpful. The room we had was spacious and well appointed, cosy and clean. Breakfast was a hearty fayre. Loved it and we will be back in the autumn.
Great Bar staff
Clean and very inviting
2 miles away from Show Ground, wonderful
4/5Once i had been moved to the requested quiet room i was very happyReviewed on 14th May 2019
Once i had been moved to the requested quiet room i was very happy. However, the guest who should have been in room 218 hadn't had her room changed and she tried to enter; she wasn't happy. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean. Room 218 needs a curtain in the bathroom or a bathroom door without glass as sunshine streams into the bedroom. Water in the rooms is nice touch. Have you considered earlier breakfasts when there are events on at the Three Counties Showground.
Never really hot breakfast food or plates.
3/5Accessible bookingReviewed on 14th May 2019
The staff are very helpful and friendly, however the access to the room was difficult due to having to go through the dining room to get anywhere from our room. The bathroom did not meet the standards for accessibility , having a tray which was not flat into the shower, a very small shower seat with few handrails, the toilet was not the correct height either.
The ambience was nothing special
The appearance was a little dated
As above not suitable for accessibility
2/5Poor value for money.Reviewed on 13th May 2019
Poor value for money at £200 per night, even for the Malvern flower show week!
1. Basic room - not worth £200. The room was in the 'extension' to the hotel - the part of the hotel not shown on your advertising, probably because it is not representative of the hotel, being a 1960s block. The room was cramped, floors were cold, the walls thin, the room dark, water pressure low and the radiator noisy. Access to that part of the hotel was along narrow corridors, through various doors and up/down stairs - not easy with luggage. One shower gel/shampoo etc for a twin room is a bit mean; similarly one pack of biscuits and no choice of teas.
2. Poor/unwelcoming access to the hotel from the car park - no rear access, had to walk all the way around with no proper footpath, dragging luggage uphill - good job it wasn't raining.
3. Unsympathetic décor - the restaurant/breakfast room was like a 1970s timewarp - dark, cheap wood-effect furniture, dated pictures and light fittings.
4. Breakfast - disappointing. I've had better in cheap chain restaurants. Unappetising 'buffet' of overcooked, lukewarm food. Hardly any fresh fruit. No granola. Bread for toast was the cheap ready-sliced, textureless stuff. Considering the room price (B&B) I was expecting Breakfast cooked to order, and higher quality food in general. There was no table linen - so the ambience was a bit like eating in a cafeteria.
5. Hairdryers - the only way to operate the hairdryer was to press a button and keep it held - difficult for anyone with weak hands (e.g. arthritis, Parkinson's, elderly) thus taking away another little bit of independence from some people. I am recovering from a broken arm and still don't have the strength to hold the button and manoeuvre the hairdryer - very irritating.
6. Staff - generally lovely and helpful. One or two appeared to be having a bad day and seemed brusque and unsmiling.
Dated and tired; not contemporary with the style of the building.
Breakfast unappetising and poor quality
5/5Comfortable, friendly and helpful staff, made to feel welcomed, location superb,food varied and enjoyable.Reviewed on 13th May 2019
We have stayed before and always look forward to our visit. A hotel that maintains high standards and looks after us very well. We always enjoy our stay.
We knew we would enjoy our stay.
Bar staff, excellent. A wider range of champagne would have been most welcome!
See above for why we stay with you.
rarely used it.
Superb for exploring Malvern having parked the car.
The combination of the restaurant and bar menus provided a good selection and best of all was the breakfast, with a good range of foods well presented,.
First class throughout.
4/5Pleasant stayReviewed on 13th May 2019
Nice room, decent breakfast, good staff and reasonable bar prices. Only grumble was that the restaurant was a bit small for the number of breakfast diners.
5/5another relaxing stayReviewed on 12th May 2019
excellent hotel with very friendly hard working staff always willing to please. Excellent dinner
4/5Reviewed on 12th May 2019
Could be more choices on different days of mains at dinner.
4/5Nice hotel but some drawbacks.Reviewed on 12th May 2019
This is a very nice, if expensive, hotel. Staff are very pleasant especially the breakfast staff for which nothing was too much trouble. Our Club room was comfortable and spacious. However, don’t arrive early! We arrived before check in time and although our Club room was ready they wanted to charge us £25 for an early check in. Why? What was this extra expense for? We were already paying £220 a night for our room. Needless to say we had lunch in the town rather than having lunch in the hotel and relaxing in the bar. There are extra charges for quite a few things including calling a doctor/dentist in an emergency!
Delicious coffee at breakfast - would highly recommend- but the breakfast was a bit limited. No kippers or smoked haddock on the menu which would have been my choice. We would probably stay at the hotel again but not sure.
The dinner made up for the limited choice st breakfast. The cheeseboard was delicious (Hereford Hop and Hereford Red complemented each other well.
5/5Extremely enjoyable over night stayReviewed on 12th May 2019
We stayed overnight prior to attending the RHS Malvern Spring Show.
All the staff were extremely pleasant, and we are looking forward to returning for longer.
The only negative point, very trivial, but even the soft pillows didn’t seem very soft.
5/5A most pleasant and relaxing overnight stayReviewed on 12th May 2019
The hotel is in most pleasant surroundings and was ideally situated for our overnight stay.
The greeting at reception when checking-in was friendly and efficient, and really set the scene for the remainder of our stay.
Our room was in the old part of the hotel, and was comfortable and well maintained, with all our requirements catered for.
An excellent evening meal in the dining room , followed by a good nights sleep and a hearty breakfast - we could not have asked for anything better. Although only a single night stay was needed on this occasion, we are determined to return for somewhat longer next time.
Pleasant and relaxing
Good service and comfortable surroundings
A lovely hotel in an excellent position.
Good provision, but not used on this occasion
Ideally located for all the local attractions
Good quality and well presented
Spacious and comfortable with adequate facilities
Generally very good, considering how busy the hotel was
4/5What you would expect from a large 4 star hotelReviewed on 11th May 2019
What you get is exactly what you would expect from a large 4 star hotel.
Standard decor, all the rooms the same, public areas furnished with good looking but uncomfortable chairs.
All bog standard, nothing out of the way.
The staff are all very helpful and pleasant.
The breakfast is a canteen style buffet, with do it yourself toast. teas and coffees are brought to your table though.
Dinner is just OK, acceptable and more or less edible.
If you are going for the RHS Spring Show, the prices suffer from an enormous rise, leaves a bad taste.
4/5Great location, if a little difficult to findReviewed on 11th May 2019
Our room was spacious and well equipped, although the jacuzzi bath was not working, the room safe had been left locked (the standard opening instructions did not work), and there was an intermiited noise in the night which sounded like a water pump kicking in for a couple of minutes each time - not loud during the day, but annoying at night when trying to sleep. The views from the room were really good, particularly of the Abbey when lit at night. The food was really good and reasonably priced, with all staff helpful and friendly.
Nice in most respects, but issues with our room, and parking is not very concenient. My partner, who has some problems walking, was caught out by "accessibility" features which had caused slight slopes to be used instead of steps, presumably to better accomodate wheelchairs.
Read more reviews