At the Abbey Hotel in Malvern not only do we have beautiful grounds for your special day, but also a dedicated wedding co-ordinator to put you at ease throughout the whole process. Planning a wedding can be stressful, and with years of experience in the hotel industry we’ve seen a lot of weddings. We’ve compiled a list of our top tips to make the day go smoother for you. These tips are not only for brides-to-be, but also for all those helping with the wedding; as they take on just as much of the stress as the bride and groom.
Enjoy all the handy tips. There’s more to come, so keep your eyes peeled.
- Don’t forget to steal some time with your husband on the day. Your family and friends will keep you busy and you will be amazed how little time you spend together on your wedding day.
- Looking for something different? Have an afternoon wedding followed by buffet and straight into dancing. Our Twilight package is perfect for this.
- Don’t try and take on too much in one go; arrange a to-do list and tick off one thing at a time. If you have any questions, your wedding co-ordinator will be on hand to answer.
- Collect old flower pots, glass fish bowls, old jam jars to use as decorations for your tables. These are brilliant for getting a vintage feel for your wedding.
- Whether you have booked a church ceremony or civil ceremony, remember to take a deep breath before walking down the aisle and slow down.
- Have a look on websites for flower arrangements or for ideas on how to make your own stationary. You could learn a lot of things, save some money as well as add a quirky touch.
- Make sure you have at least 8 hours sleep the night before your wedding.
- Have you invited children? Why not make up a goody bag with crayons and colouring books for them. You could even have a children’s table with activities for them to do during the wedding breakfast.
- You can involve your guests in your wedding preparations! When you send out the wedding invites, include seeds to grow into buttonholes and wear on the day.
- Your wedding day should be for you and your love for one another. Make it personal to you both and have fun.
- Practice walking in your killer heels around the house; by the big day you’ll be able to run in them.
- Add some personal touches like bowls of fresheners and sample perfume to go in the toilets.
- Rather than the normal guest book, have a wedding tree guest book, where the messages are hung from the branches. This also doubles up as a great centre piece for your cocktail reception.
- Auction your flowers and center pieces for charity, if there’s a charity close to your heart.
- Rather than throwing your whole bouquet, ask the florist to tie a single flower in the bouquet that you can then loosen. This way you get to keep the bouquet and dry the flowers as a keepsake.
Our wedding packages at the Abbey are ideal for those not wanting to compromise on anything. Our in house wedding specialist will help tailor your chosen wedding, or civil ceremony, package to meet your needs and budget. Knowing that everything will run smoothly, you can relax and enjoy the big day. You can also call us on +44 1684 892332 or email [email protected] to discuss which package is right for you.
Back to all posts