If you are amongst the flurry of couples wanting to tie the knot in winter, here are our top tips on making your celebration magical.
- The festive season may be over but there’s no reason you cannot incorporate your favourite bits into a winter wedding. Indulge with some creative tablescaping using frosty pinecones, cinnamon sticks, log slices and other woodland details for a rustic and simple ambience.
- When it comes to décor, there’s no need to stick to the obligatory icy, winter wonderland theme. Experiment with white and peach with accents of rose gold to add some warmth to the crisp white scenes.
- Lanterns, twinkling backdrops and tea lights incorporated into your theme will help add that enchanting feel to a winter wedding.
- Be mindful of your guests whilst you have your pictures taken outside. Invite them to stay warm and cosy with a pretty basket stacked with blankets and gloves for guests to snuggle up whilst they are outdoors – a gesture that will surely be well received! Why not come up your very own recipe for a warm winter cocktail?
- And finally, when hunting for an ideal venue, look for places that will allow you host the ceremony, reception and offer accommodation. Having everything under one roof will be convenient for you as well as the guests, especially in freezing temperatures so you don’t have to brave the cold after dancing the night away.
From intimate suites to make your vows in and a stunning space for a pre-wedding dinner to spacious accommodation of 103 bedrooms, The Abbey is an all-inclusive wedding venue. Want everything from your dress to your details covered? Get in touch with Alison, our Weddings and Events Manager at The Abbey, who will be more than happy to plan a bespoke winter wedding for you.
Whether it’s champagne on the lawn you desire or a candlelit breakfast, we have a wedding package to meet your needs. For bookings made before the end of June, we are giving away £300 bar tab to spend on your special day! To find out more about discounts available for selected dates in 2017, contact our wedding team on 01684 879193 or email [email protected].
Back to all posts